I got a call at seven in the morning on my cell phone from a summer associate, frantic.
"I couldn't sleep all night and I wanted to catch you right when you got up."
"How'd you even get my number?"
"The firm directory."
"What is it you need?"
"I think I gave you the wrong advice yesterday. I've been torturing myself over it. I told you the provision cut in favor of the client, but I've been re-reading the case law over and over and I think it cuts the other way. I don't think there's a case here. I'm so sorry. I know you were counting on me, and I screwed it up. I feel terrible about this. I don't want this to be your first impression of me."
"You think I take your advice without checking with an associate first?"
"Excuse me?"
"You think I actually believe a summer associate can do anything right? The project I gave you wasn't even for a current client. We solved it months ago. It was just busy work. You needed something to do, so I dug that up from my e-mail. You think it mattered?"
"But I was in the office until 2:30 in the morning working on it."
"No one told you to stay that late."
"But I thought--"
"You're here to get a taste of life as an associate. But we're not expecting you to actually do anything. Don't worry about it. I don't care if you got the answer wrong. The important thing is you got some experience. Calm down."
"But I thought--"
"I'll see you in the office later this morning. You probably still have time for a couple of hours of sleep."
"But I thought--"
"Goodbye."
Wednesday, 22 June 2005
Written by Eko Marwanto
We are Creative Blogger Theme Wavers which provides user friendly, effective and easy to use themes. Each support has free and providing HD support screen casting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About
Tags
Popular
0 comments:
Post a Comment